Tag clouds representing the most popular content on your website help your online visitors quickly find useful and current information without having to search for it. Building tag clouds using data tracked with Google Analytics is very easy. Here are the steps:
- Log in to Google Analytics and select the Account for your Web site.
- Select an appropriate time range.
- Navigate to Traffic Sources > Sources > Search in the left pane.
- Change the view in the Data View Selector from the default “Data” view to the “Term Cloud” view.
The keywords that brought the most traffic to your website will be displayed in a cloud view. The most popular keywords and phrases are highlighted in bigger and bold font. Follow this visual representation to build a ‘What’s hot’ keyword tag cloud for your Web site.
Bonus tip: Use the Metric View Selector drop down to analyze your organic and paid search results.
- Visits – Which keywords are generating the most traffic.
- Pages/Visit – Which keywords generate the highest quality traffic.
- Avg. time on site – Which keywords bring in traffic that spends most time on the site.
- % New visits – Which keywords are bringing new traffic.
- Bounce rate – Which are the worst performing keywords.